What we do
Commercial Directorate leads on DWP strategies for commercial, sustainable development and contestability activity. We report on related performance, providing assurance of:
- value for money,
- probity and
- management of supply risk.
We manage the delivery of a range of services to DWP including:
- medical services,
- encashment and banking services,
- office services,
- record storage,
- business and financial services, and
- other general goods and services.
We lead strategic sourcing for all DWP requirements, including Welfare to Work and IS/IT services.
We set and manage DWP commercial:
- policy, and
- best practice.
And we provide commercial advice and guidance to:
- ensure improving service quality and value for money from our commercial deals,
- enable DWP procurement to maximise its contribution to the DWP efficiency challenges and reducing the budget deficit, and
- lead and develop a professional procurement organisation in DWP.