Secure National Insurance Number (NINo) Allocation Process (SNAP) Guide
Published March 2013
The Secure National Insurance Number (NINo) Allocation Process (SNAP) Guide is used by Jobcentre Plus staff who allocate National Insurance Numbers.
We have replaced exempt material in the guide with a series of letters X – as we would if we published it in response to a request made under the Freedom of Information Act. The Freedom of Information Act contains a number of exemptions to the right of access to information. The exemptions allow some information to be withheld, to protect various interests.
The guide has seven parts. It is reviewed twice a year.
- Introduction (57KB)
- Contact Centre Appointment Booking Process (290KB)
- Interviewing Site Guidance (691KB)
- Documents to support a NINo application (494KB)
- NINo Centre (NC) Process (2MB)
- Benefit-inspired NINo allocation – DCI1 process – For benefit processing staff use (291KB)
- National Identity Fraud Unit (NIFU) (168KB)