The Personal Independence Payment (PIP) toolkit for support organisations
We designed the toolkit to provide clear information to individuals and organisations that support Disability Living Allowance (DLA) claimants. It equips you to offer up-to-date advice on PIP or direct claimants to other sources of help. The toolkit could also be adapted into training for your people.
- All about PIP – includes detailed information about conditions of entitlement, assessment criteria and examples of forms and letters
- Introducing PIP – timings for the phased approach to introduce PIP and reassessment of DLA claimants, and when people may be affected
- The claimant journey – how to claim PIP, completing the ‘How your disability affects you’ form and what happens after PIP is awarded
- Specific circumstances – includes information about people approaching 16 years old and 65 years old, claiming under Special Rules and Access to Work
- Forms, leaflets and letters – includes information on when to stop using DLA forms, when DWP leaflets will be changed and examples of PIP forms and letters
- Tools – includes a presentation and alternative format versions of the PIP quick guide
- Tailored communications and guidance – suggested articles that you can easily adapt for use in your own communications. This now includes specific information for carers, the health sector, local authorities and MPs
The short address for this page is www.dwp.gov.uk/pip-toolkit/.
If you have any questions about our communications or would like us to tailor communications to your needs, please email us on email@example.com using 'Toolkit' as the subject line.
We will regularly review the contents of the toolkit to make sure it remains up-to-date. We will also add more information as and when it becomes available.
The toolkit was developed with input from and tested by, a number of support organisations and advisers and we are grateful to them for their feedback.
Preparing your organisation
- Preparing for PIP: checklist (40KB) – updated 8 May 2013
- How your organisation can help claimants prepare for the introduction of PIP (76KB) – updated 18 February 2013
- Example DLA uprating letter (34KB)
From February to June 2013, DWP Partnership Managers will be using the toolkit in a series of face-to-face delivery sessions with support organisations and advisers in their local area.
More information about welfare reform: