ISSN: 1746-0999 (online)
JOPED is a DWP journal for practitioners, academics, policy makers and other professionals working in the area of health and work.
The journal was first published as the Journal for the Application of Occupational Psychology to Employment and Disability in October 1998 and was later re-titled the Journal of Occupational Psychology, Employment and Disability in Winter 2002. JOPED became the new official title from January 2011, when it changed from being a twice-yearly publication to one that publishes on an article-by-article basis.
JOPED is a peer-review journal that publishes articles, reviews, opinion pieces and news items from a variety of professional sources. While the journal continues to provide a forum for occupational and health psychologists in the department to share research and good practice in the field of employment and disability, it also provides a similar platform for individuals and groups working in the wider health, work and wellbeing domain, especially those who might not otherwise consider publishing their work.
The articles include case studies, research projects and examples of good practice, as well as psychometric test and book reviews. The Standpoint section is specifically designed to promote contemporary discussion within the field.
Copies of articles from previous issues can be obtained from the JOPED archive.
Latest articles from JOPED – Volume 13, 2012
- The Mindful Workplace: Developing Resilient Individuals and Resonant Organisations with MBSR (64KB) – Reviewed by Louise Messenger
- Introduction to Vocational Rehabilitation – Policies, Practices and Skills(28KB) – Reviewed by Dave Trevitt
- TRAVORS2: Developing Skills Training and a European Disability Employment Practitioner Certificate (EPC) for Personal Employment Advisers (82KB) – James O’Malley
Journal Editorial Board
- James O’Malley, Managing Editor, DWP
- David Booth, DWP
- Russell Calderwood, Jobcentre Plus
- Nicola Dodu, Independent Psychology consultant
- Bruce Rainford, Leeds Trinity & All Saints
- David Russell, Jobcentre Plus
All the journal editors are Chartered Occupational Psychologists.
If you would like to submit an article for inclusion in the Journal, please see our Notes for Contributors (117KB) , or send an email the Editorial Team at Psychology-Journal@dwp.gsi.gov.uk.