Forms and guidance
This page contains the key forms and guidance you will need when registering a claim for compensation and communicating with the Compensation Recovery Unit. You can also find technical guidance for insurance companies and solicitors here.
Please note that sending completed forms by email which contain personal information carries a risk and cannot be relied on as a secure method of delivery.
- Recovery of benefits and or lump sum payments and NHS charges (Z1) A technical guide for companies and solicitors it sets out the procedures for liaison with the Compensation Recovery Unit. – Updated November 2012
- Applying to appeal an Appeal Guide that explains what to do if you disagree with Compensation Recovery decisions.
- Appeal form (68KB) (rich text format) Use this form if you disagree with a compensation recovery decision. – updated October 2012
- NHS Appeals Form (217KB) (rich text format) Notification of an appeal against NHS charges. – updated March 2013
- NHS Charges Contributory Negligence Template (26KB) (rich text format)
- Compensation and Social Security Benefits and Lump Sum Payments (CRU27) This provides a basic guide to how social security benefits can affect your compensation.
You should use the forms below to notify us when you take on responsibility for a claim or when you refer a claim to an insurance company.
- Solicitor’s referral back to insurance company (CRU Rep) (98KB) (rich text format) Use this form if you have returned responsibility back to the insurance company that you previously represented. – updated March 2013
- Solicitor’s registration form CRU 1 Sol (100KB) (rich text format) Use this form if a case has been registered and you are taking over responsibility. – updated March 2013