Benefits and services
This section includes guidance on the following benefits and services that involve health care professionals.
- Carer’s Credit
- Child Trust Fund
- Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Financial Assistance Scheme
- Incapacity Benefit
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Junior ISA
- Mesothelioma – the 2008 Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Statutory Maternity Pay and Maternity Allowance
- Statutory Sick Pay
A short guide to the benefit system for General Practitioners
This is a guide aimed at General Practitioners but will also be of use for other doctors and healthcare professionals in both primary and secondary care.
The guide provides a brief description of the main benefits that your patients may be eligible for. Key information for doctors is included for each benefit as are contact details for further information for both doctors and patients.