ESF Communication Plan
The Communication Plan for the 2007-2013 England and Gibraltar ESF programme sets out the information and publicity measures that are being taken to promote the programme, its activities and achievements.
The original plan was approved by the European Commission in July 2008.
A detailed review of the plan took place in autumn 2011 and the updated version, agreed in November 2011.
- ESF Communication Plan (249KB) (Updated on 24 January 2012)
The updated plan takes into account:
- new and enhanced publicity measures since 2008 and
- the Managing Authority’s response to findings, effective practices and suggestions from the 2009 evaluation of ESF Information and Publicity.
The Communication Plan includes details of:
- the aims and target groups
- the strategy and content of the information and publicity measures to be taken aimed at potential applicants, the public and others
- the indicative budget for the implementation of the plan
- bodies responsible for the implementation of publicity measures and their respective roles
- how the information and publicity measures will be evaluated.
The publicity requirements are being built into beneficiary agreements and guidance for the programme. In particular, Co-financing Organisations, other beneficiaries and providers will ensure that participants and the public are informed of the financial contribution of the ESF.
Co-financing Organisations have produced their own ESF communication plans setting out how they will publicise ESF at a local level. These are being reviewed and updated for early 2012.
Important - ESF Publicity Works toolkit
ESF funding recipients, including providers and sub-contractors are asked to read the Publicity Works toolkit on this website. This sets out guidance, resources and support to help ensure they meet contractual obligations for receiving ESF funding and publicise ESF activity and achievements effectively.