updated 19 November 2012
Carers Rights Day 30 November 2012
This year’s theme – 'Getting help in Tough Times'
Millions of people are caring for an ill, elderly or disabled relative, partner or friend.
Carers Rights Day is organised by Carers UK, an organisation that works closely with DWP to ensure that carers receive the advice, benefits and services they are entitled to.
This year Carers Rights Day will be on Friday 30 November. If you would like to hold an event to support Carers Rights Day, please visit the Carers UK website to request a free organiser’s handbook.
- Carers Rights Day (Carers UK)
Details of events taking place across the country are available below.
- Carers Rights Day events (96KB) – updated 19 November 2012
Resource pack for carers’ organisations
We have developed a resource pack for use by carers’ organisations to help support national activity and access the range of services and resources available via DWP. This pack includes information on:
- online resources
- available leaflets
- information in alternative formats
- telephone helplines and local support
- Resource pack for carers’ organisations (470KB) – updated 9 November 2012
Further information for carers:
- Support for carers basic information leaflet (1.17MB)
- Benefit enquiry line (GOV.UK)
- Carers Allowance (GOV.UK)
- Carer’s Credit (GOV.UK)
Carers Week 18 - 24 June 2012
Every year a group of seven charities including Carers UK organise a week to highlight the caring role of millions of people in the UK, to publicise the work of support groups and raise awareness about the help available to carers as well as supply information. In 2012, Carers Week was held 18 to 24 June 2012 and the theme was 'In sickness and in health'.
We supported lots of events around the country. Details of some of these events are below.
- Carers Week 2012 events (69KB) – updated 14 June 2012
More information about Carers Week is available at:
- Carers Week 2012 (Carers Week website)